FLUSHMATE® II VESSEL WELD LEAK OR SEPARATION
July 24, 2000
REV. JUNE 30, 2003
REV. June 21, 2012
REV. Sept. 24, 2013
If you own a Flushmate unit and it resembles unit shown below and you wish to check the unit's serial number(s) to see if it falls within the affected range, please click on the unit.
Description of the Problem
- A very small number of Flushmate II units have developed a leak at, or separation of, the joint between the upper and lower vessel halves.
- The leak is in the form of a fine stream originating at the flange between the vessel halves, sometimes accompanied by a hissing noise.
- The separation is accompanied by the rapid release of the pressurized water contained in the vessel.
- The affected Flushmate II products were manufactured in limited production runs in 1997 through 1999. If you think that you own this unit, click on the link.
Immediate Action to be Taken
Flushmate recommends the replacement of the unit to assure proper function of the unit and avoid damage to the toilet fixture, any collateral damage, or the possibility of personal injury.
- If there is evidence of water leaking from the weld joint, immediately turn off the water supply to the toilet and flush it. Contact Flushmate Consumer Service or call 1-800-533-3460 for support.
- Complete the product serial number inquiry as described below. Replacement of affected product will be coordinated by the Flushmate Consumer Service Department.
Support Provided by FLUSHMATE
- All contacts with Flushmate regarding this advisory should be through Consumer Service or call 1-800-533-3460.
- Flushmate will provide the replacement Flushmate II at no charge.
If you have any questions regarding this notice please call: (800) 533-3450.